2 a miniature whirlpool or whirlwind resulting when the current of a fluid doubles back on itself [syn: twist] v : flow in a circular current, of liquids [syn: purl, whirlpool, swirl, whirl]
- Rhymes: -ɛdi
- A current of air or water running back, or in an opposite direction to the main current.
- CJKV Characters: 漩
Eddie or Eddy may refer to:
- Eddie, minor character from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Eddy, a fictional character from the cartoon Ed, Edd n Eddy
- Eddie, character from the Guilty Gear video game series
- Eddie, character from The Simpsons
- Eddie (film), a motion picture starring Whoopi Goldberg
- Eddie, The pet dog of Martin Crane in the sitcom Frasier.
- Eddie Dean, one of the main characters in Stephen King's Dark Tower series.
- Eddie LeBec, a character on the television show Cheers.
- Eddie Pulaski, a fictional crooked police officer in the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Eddy (Salamander anime) one of the main protagonist who pilots the Vic Viper and is later killed by Zelos.
- Eddie Guerrero, a deceased American professional wrestler
- Eddie Murphy, an American comedian and actor
- Eddy (fluid dynamics), a concept in fluid dynamics
- Eddy current, a phenomenon caused by a moving magnetic field intersecting a conductor or vice-versa
- Eddy, an award given by the Macworld computer magazine to software made for the Mac OS X operating system
- Nickname of Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence
- Eddie, a text editor originally for BeOS and now ported to Linux and Mac OS X
- Eddy covariance, a statistical method used in meteorology.
People with the surname Eddie or Eddy:
People with the given name Eddie or Eddy:
eddy in German: Eddie
eddy in Spanish: Eddie
eddy in French: Eddie
eddy in Korean: 에디
eddy in Italian: Eddie
eddy in Dutch: Eddie
eddy in Japanese: エディ
eddy in Swedish: Eddie
Charybdis, Maelstrom, ado, agitation, back, back stream, backflow, backwash, backwater, brouhaha, bustle, centrifugate, centrifuge, commotion, countercurrent, counterflow, counterflux, cyclone, disturbance, dizzy round, dust devil, ebullience, ebullition, effervescence, embroilment, feery-fary, ferment, fermentation, flurry, fume, gulf, gurge, gyre, hurly-burly, hurricane, hurry, hurry-scurry, maelstrom, pell-mell, perturbation, pirouette, purl, rat race, reel, refluence, reflux, regurgitation, round, ruffle, spin, stir, surge, swirl, swirling, to-do, tornado, tumult, turbulence, turmoil, turn, twirl, twister, typhoon, uproar, vortex, waterspout, wheel, whirl, whirligig, whirlpool, whirlwind, whorl, yeastiness